The question was how to tell how many Linux guests are running. Other types of
users may inhabit the system. There are service machines (TCPIP, RSCS, etc.),
operations machines (OPERATOR, OPERATNS, etc.), CMS users (MAINT, sysprog
userids, etc.) that are included in the mix. If all you are counting are Linux
guests, you need some way to either eliminate the non-Linux guests from the
results of Q N, or to positively identify which guests are Linux. If you do not
filter the results of Q N, then you might as well make it easy on yourself and
use Q U, instead.

Regards,
Richard Schuh