Thanks.  Unfortunately, still doesn't work.  It instead puts everything
in the 'Unmatched VSWITCH' section, and nothing at all in the lookup
master output.

Credit to my colleague Bob Nix here, this gave me the expected output:

/* */
'PIPE ( endchar ?) ',
    'cp query signals shutdown | drop 2 | specs word 1 1 ',
    '  | a: lookup master ',
    '  | sort | literal Linux Guests | z: fanin | cons' ,
    '? cp query vswitch vswg active | locate /Adapter Owner:/ ',
    '  | specs word 3 1 | a:',
    '  | literal Unmatched Signal Handler | elastic |  z:',
    '? a: | literal Unmatched VSWITCH | elastic | z:     '

It appeared as though there was a race condition with multiple stages
outputting to cons, which the z: fanin | cons solved.

However, that created a stall, which the addition of the two 'elastic |'
commands resolved.

Still not the most elegant solution, but hey, it works.
- -- Pat