>FYI... Rule #2: Don't annoy Security People.

Clearly, at least to me NOW, I should have read the rules sooner.

In any case, we have it working. Thanks for everyone's support.

The answer(s) is/were to:

1) define the IP address we already had as the primary home address
2) define a vlink
3) add the 10.0.219.1 home address assigned to the vlink
4) define the LINUX guests with pre-assigned IP addresses in the 10.0.219

subnet
5) define routes in each LINUX guest with the 10.0.219.1 destination
6) DO NOT START THE LINUX GUESTS AUTOMATICALLY!

For some reason, starting the guests automatically prevents them from
accessing the vswitch, and everything beyond that. Is this a
documented/expected behavior? Has anyone else run into this issue?