From: The IBM z/VM Operating System [mailto:ib...@listserv.uark.edu] On
Behalf Of Scott Rohling
Sent: Monday, September 14, 2009 10:01 AM
To: IBMVM@LISTSERV.UARK.EDU
Subject: Re: How much memory?

It will depend on what your POC encompasses.. how many Linux guests?
What software/middleware?.

You might want to consider a 2nd level guest rather than building a
separate LPAR -- that way you can manage things under a single zVM and
dynamically change things (give your 2nd level zVM more storage, for
example) much more easily...

Scott

On Mon, Sep 14, 2009 at 7:52 AM, Vince Getgood