On Wednesday, 09/16/2009 at 09:14 EDT, RPN01 <nix.rob...@mayo.edu> wrote:
> I don't think, in this case, it is the user causing the problem at all.
The
> user didn't define their storage allocation, and in practice can't do
that
> at all. So the user didn't set up the situation which caused the
integrity
> issue, the system administrator did.

That was my point to Marcy: Not an integrity problem.  The system is
obeying the sysadmin's instructions.

> To my mind, if this requires addressing, it should be in the DIRECTXA
> command, so as to help the system administrator in avoiding aiming the
gun
> at his toes.

DIRECTXA has no context in which to make such warnings.  Placing limits at
LOGON would only apply to resource availability to hold the needed control
structures.  When the guest begins to run and actually use all that
memory, then another line of defense is needed.