From: The IBM z/VM Operating System [mailto:ib...@listserv.uark.edu] On
Behalf Of Tom Rae
Sent: Thursday, September 17, 2009 3:05 PM
To: IBMVM@LISTSERV.UARK.EDU
Subject: Re: TDISK and SYSTEM CONFIG question.

Without CLEAR_Tdisk enabled, whatever data the last user stored in
T-DISK space is still present when it is allocated to the next user. To
successfully use the space with CMS you will most likely have to format
it, unless the boundaries of your TDISK allocation exactly overlay the
previous user's allocation, but there is nothing forcing you to use CMS
to access the space. A utility such as DDR would be quite happy to copy
the contents of T-DISK to a permanent location, from which you could use

other utilities to recover the data, track by track, without relying on
CMS.

Gentry, Stephen wrote:
> I guess I should have read Richard's response closer.  So, I'll echo
Dennis's question as well.
> What security problem?
> We do not have CLEAR_TDisk enabled.  Every time we define a t-disk, it
HAS to be formatted, no exceptions.