On Fri, Sep 25, 2009 at 12:42 AM, Mike Walter <mike.wal...@hewitt.com> wrote:

> The reason back in the "old old days" the reason was primarily security...
> this was written back when REAL MEN only used real 3270's -- which had no
> LOCK function.

Getting off-topic...but it's friday already.   In one of the shops I
worked, our terminals actually did have a key. Few bothered to use it
since offices were behind security anyway. Until someone discovered
that the key also matched the coffee vending machine to get coffee for
free :-)  It took some time for management to realize why everyone
suddenly nicely locked up his terminal when he went for a coffee ;-)

Rob