I run all my IO Gen's from the z/OS side for 3 reasons.

1) z/OS needs both the IOCDS and IODF to be in sync for dynamic gens.
2) VM senses the hardware changes and needs nothing in addition to the
sensed environment
3) I grew up on MVS/OS390/z/OS and am still learning VM.

I love the fact that I don't have to try to keep z/VM and z/OS insync
with copies of the IO gen.

"Email Firewall" made the following annotations.

Warning:
All e-mail sent to this address will be received by the corporate e-mail
system, and is subject to archival and review by someone other than the
recipient.  This e-mail may contain proprietary information and is intended
only for the use of the intended recipient(s).  If the reader of this message
is not the intended recipient(s), you are notified that you have received this
message in error and that any review, dissemination, distribution or copying of
this message is strictly prohibited.  If you have received this message in
error, please notify the sender immediately.