This is not really a problem since the Control Center and Admin tools running on x86 can connect to DB2 LUW running on other platforms, including Linux on System z.

Dean, David (I/S) wrote:
I’m upgrading our db2connect 8 to 9 and came across this tidbit.
*Note:* In previous releases, the DB2 Administration Tools, such as the Control Center, were supported on all platforms. As of Version 9, the DB2 Administration Tools are supported only on Windows^® x86, Windows x64 (AMD64/EM64T), Linux™ on x86, and Linux on AMD64/EM64T. For all platforms, you can use the DB2 command line processor (CLP) to administer instances and databases.
_http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/infocenter/db2luw/v9/index.jsp?topic=/com.ibm.db2.udb.uprun.doc/doc/t0024680.htm_
Huh? No zLinux. This is not exactly helping the rush to zLinux mainframe.
We’ve been using zLinux DB2 since 2004 and I use it these tools all the time. And yes, I know it’s /*GUI*/ - so shoot me.
David M. Dean
Information Systems
BlueCross BlueShield Tennnessee

--