>> 'SEND RACFVM * 191 191 MR'
That is NOT enough.  It might even cause an corrupted disk,
If I remember correctly: when you change the Midsk mode from R/W to R/O, CMS
will not release the disk, the "instorage pointers" are unchanged.  When
later you give it back in R/W, nothing is changed either...
The fact though the RACF now correctly used the new file contradicts
this....

Also, when you change from R/W to R/O and CMS doesn't do anything, it will
be very upset when it would try to write to the disk, CMS will most probably
abend, thinking it is about to corrupt the minidisk.
Better is what Alan showed or a slight variation, a few more commands, less
dangerous
 SEND CP¨RACFVM DET 191    (for a DETACH, CMS will perform a RELEASE)
 LINK RACFVM 191 xxx M
 ;;;;;
 SEND CP¨RACFVM LINK * 191 191 M
 SEND RACFVM ACCESS