Two Alan's, one is right, the other...

There were APs and MPs, Attached Processors, Multi Processors.  Ages ago, I
explained both in a course and the difference was that the second processor
in an AP config couldn't perform I/O; on an MP, both could perform I/O, but
each only to the channels it had.

--
Kris Buelens,
IBM Belgium, VM customer support