Can't directly answer how far back, but the VM/ESA 2.3 manuals mention SYSC

http://publibz.boulder.ibm.com/cgi-bin/bookmgr_OS390/BOOKS/hcsf2a01/1.6.1.1

No hits for SYSG in those manuals.

--
John McKown
Systems Engineer IV

Administrative Services Group

HealthMarkets(r)

(817) 255-3225 phone * (817)-961-6183 cell