From: The IBM z/VM Operating System [mailto:ib...@listserv.uark.edu] On
Behalf Of Schuh, Richard
Sent: Friday, January 22, 2010 6:08 PM
To: IBMVM@LISTSERV.UARK.EDU
Subject: z/VM 6.1 Delivery

I just received the info that my 6.1 order is ready for download. In the
instructions that came in the notice, Step 2 says:

STEP 2:

  Installation instructions - This link takes you to the instructions to
upload the product material (Product Envelope) to a VM host system and
to prepare for installation. It is recommended that you read or print
these installation instructions in their entirety prior to downloading
the products.  Once completed, these instructions will direct you to the
Program Directory for z/VM Service Delivery Offering for the complete
installation instructions.

Does this mean that there is supposed to be a way to transfer the files
in the order directly to a VM system? If so, there is a problem in that
the link provided has no such instructions. However, it does have
instructions for downloading to a PC.

If I had a choice, I would choose to transfer directly to a VM system

Regards,
Richard Schuh