The reason is that the SYSTEM CONFIG file contains CPACCESS commands  for
MAINT CF1 and CF2, and LINKs them in the default mode fro CPACESS: STABLE.
MAINT itself has MDISK statements with most probably MR as LINK mode.  The
STABLE link established for SYSTEM via the SYSTEM CONFIG make the MR link
revert to READ and the message to appear.

No need to worry for the mlessage at logon time, but they aren't nice... So:
As I need to explain this, I do not suggest to change the link mode in
SYSTEM CONFIG, but to change the MDISK definitions of MAINT CF1 and CF2 in
the CP directory.
  From MDISK CF1 .... .... MR
  Into   MDISK CF1 .... .... RR

--