From: The IBM z/VM Operating System [mailto:ib...@listserv.uark.edu] On Behalf
Of Doug Shupe
Sent: March 1, 2010 3:28 PM
To: IBMVM@LISTSERV.UARK.EDU
Subject: Re: Trapping output right after LOGON

Mike,

You could have one or many of your VSE guests IPL CMS in the directory and have
them all point to a shared RR 191 mini disk. Then customize a PROFILE EXEC to
do the CP 'whatever' and then, determine what to really IPL based on USERID.

Sorry its not REXX, old stuff.

PROFILE EXEC:

&TRACE

CP SP CONSOLE START *
DROPBUF &BUFNO
MAKEBUF
&BUFNO = &RC
EXECIO * CP ( MARGINS 1 8  STRING QUERY USERID
&IF &RC NE 0 &CALL -ERROR &RC
&READ STRING &ME
&IF &ME    EQ VSEID     &GOTO -VSEID
CP MSG OP USER &ME ATTEMPTED TO USE SHAREIPL. NOT DEFINED.
&GOTO -EXIT
-VSEID
EXEC VSEID &ME
&GOTO -EXIT
-ERROR
&RC = &1
&READ STRING &LERROR
&TYPE &0 PROBLEM OCCURED TRYING INQUIRY ON USERID.
&TYPE &0 &LERROR
&EXIT &RC
-EXIT
&EXIT 999

====================

VSEID EXEC:

&TRACE ALL
&ME = &1
CP SET RUN ON

*                              *************************************
*  >>>  CAUTION  <<<           * THE FOLLOWING COMMAND HAS X'15'   *
*  >>>  CAUTION  <<<           * BETWEEN THE WORDS GUEST AND IPL.  *
*  >>>  CAUTION  <<<           * ISSUE THE 'SET HEX ON' COMMAND    *
*  >>>  CAUTION  <<<           * BEFORE CHANGING THIS LINE.        *
*                              *************************************

*    EACH COMMAND MUST BE FOLLOWED BY A X'15'.                        *
*    TO ACCOMPLISH THIS;                                              *
*        1). SET HEX ON                                               *
*        2). KEY THE COMMANDS(LEAVING 2 SPACES BETWEEN EACH) ON 1 LINE*
*        3). BRING THE LINE JUST KEYED TO THE CURRENT LINE.           *
*        4). CH /X'4040'/X'15'/1 N   (N = THE NUMBER OF COMMANDS)     *
*        5). FILE                                                     * *

CP TERM CONM 3270 BRE GUEST"IPL 1A6 CLEAR
* CP TERM CONM 3270 BRE GUEST"IPL 1A7 CLEAR LOADPARM ....T
* CP TERM CONM 3270 BRE GUEST"IPL 1A7 CLEAR LOADPARM .....
CP MSG OP IPL FAILED FOR &ME  RC= &RC
EXIT &RC

Regards, Doug