Horlick, Michael wrote:
Greetings,

I would like to trap all the CP console output from a virtual machine from its initial XAUTOLOG/LOGON. I have several z/VSE machines which are XAUTOLOGed on by the operator. Reason? In rare instances, maybe a pack is not attached to the system which contains some minidisks used by these machines. I know there could be a message such as:

HCPLNM108E MIKE A194 not linked; volid XT160D not mounted

For logon messages the only solution I see is a service virtual machine being a secondary user of the target user (works only with "xautolog" since the virtual machine needs to be disconnected from a terminal).

Then on that virtual machine, do your 'wakeup' thing (with CPCONIO set to IUCV and trapping IUCVMSG with wakeup).

--Ivan