On Friday, 03/05/2010 at 05:04 EST, Kris Buelens <kris.buel...@gmail.com>
wrote:
> "CP has always assumed"
> That's true in the VM/XA line-of-code.  In VM/SP, CP did it right: VM
READ
> stayed VM READ.

"I don't know what you mean by 'glory,'" Alice said.
Humpty Dumpty smiled contemptuously. "Of course you don't ? till I tell
you. I meant 'there's a nice knock-down argument for you!'"
"But 'glory' doesn't mean 'a nice knock-down argument,'" Alice objected.
"When I use a word," Humpty Dumpty said in a rather a scornful tone, "it
means just what I choose it to mean ? neither more nor less."
"The question is," said Alice, "whether you can make words mean different
things."
"The question is," said Humpty Dumpty, "which is to be master ? that's
all."
        Lewis Carroll, "Through the Looking-Glass",  1872

So, in this particular case, "CP" means "those versions of CP for which
'always' is true."  ;-)