On Wednesday, 03/10/2010 at 12:11 EST, "Martin, Terry R. (CMS/CTR) (CTR)"
<terry.mar...@cms.hhs.gov> wrote:

> I want to ERASE the SMF DATA file from the ALTERNATE disk(302 in my
case). How
> can I do this without logging on to the RACFVM Server. Can I do this
from the
> RACFSMF machine?

RACFSMF already does that after it archives the file to the 192 disk.
RACFSMF is designed to be autologged at the same time every day (e.g.
midnight).  Its behavior is governed by the settings in the PROFILE EXEC
(SMFPROF EXEC).

But, in general, an SMSG RACFVM SMF SWITCH causes RACF to close the active
SMF log and detach the disk it is on.  You have to look at the SMF CONTROL
file on RACFVM's 191 in order to know which disk is CURRENT so you know
which disk to go after.