I would never recommend giving a tape operator class A..  besides FORCE --
they can SHUTDOWN the system .. also XAUTOLOG users.    I can't think of any
class A commands offhand that I would want a tape operator to have access
to.

The 'right' way to restrict things is to determine which privileged commands
the tape operator needs to issue, and create a command class that gives
access to only those commands.  (class T for example)   I would think it
would be a fairly short list..  ATTACH/DETACH and some QUERY commands - and
maybe not even those depending on what you use for tape operations.

But at a minimum - I would take away class A right now.

Scott Rohling