Hello Scott,

That is what I was missing.  The TRKFMT will work in the DS6800 too
(1750) .

You must have the required CYLRANGE parameter: specify a range of
cylinders and ERASEDATA with (IIRC) Cycles of 3 or more.

Would someone please verify this?

The TRKFMT command performs track-related functions on a subset of a
volume. When data is no longer needed, the ERASEDATA parameter
overwrites a specified track or range of tracks, and upon completion
performs an erase. The TRKFMT command can be used for 2105, 2107, 1750,
3380, 3390 and 9345 devices (except for devices attached to 3880 control
units, and 3990-CJ2).

Ed Martin

Aultman Health Foundation

330-363-5050