Why go to the hw when vm can do it?  And the use of ucb is a problem at some
shops.  Yes, 65k isn't enough.
Marcy

----- Original Message -----
From: The IBM z/VM Operating System <IBMVM@LISTSERV.UARK.EDU>
To: IBMVM@LISTSERV.UARK.EDU <IBMVM@LISTSERV.UARK.EDU>
Sent: Thu Apr 29 22:06:45 2010
Subject: Re: [IBMVM] Hipersockets between z/VM LPARS and z/Linux guests running
on the LPARS

Rich thanks for the information. One last thing you mention that " If
the guests
are running in the same z/VM system it makes more sense to use the
VSwitch, than to use hipersockets."  Why is this? Is that the benefit of
the Hipersockets is lost?

Thank You,

Terry Martin
Lockheed Martin - Citic
z/OS and z/VM Performance Tuning and Operating Systems Support
Office - 443 348-2102
Cell - 443 632-4191