From: The IBM z/VM Operating System [mailto:ib...@listserv.uark.edu] On Behalf
Of Dave Keeton
Sent: Monday, May 17, 2010 3:54 PM
To: IBMVM@LISTSERV.UARK.EDU
Subject: [IBMVM] VSWITCH Question

We're updating some OSA micro code and I'm trying to determine the most
effective way to take the VSWITCH connected to a production OSA offline
so the code can update properly. I know that the OSA device has to be
vary'd offline, as does the path and CHPID. Is there a way to tell a
VSWITCH to shutdown without destroying it? This particular VSWITCH
doesn't have a second fail-over address. If I detach the device from the
VSWITCH controller, vary the device, path and CHPID offline, will this
suffice?

Thanks in advance,
Dave Keeton