Strip is not required at all here (parse splits in words; except for the
last one, but the . following "w11" makes w11 is without blanks too).
And uppercasing can be done in PARSE too, hence
   parse upper var cmdtrap w1 w2 w3 w4 w5 w6 w7 w8 w9 w10 w11 .

--
Kris Buelens,
IBM Belgium, VM customer support