On Thu, Jun 24, 2010 at 2:18 PM, Rick Barlow <rrhbar...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Does anyone have a method they use to manage multiple z/VM LPARs from a
> single point without the benefit of RSCS for NJE connections?  We have
> always had RSCS and used PROP or VM:Operator with a single logical operator
> being able to interact  with groups or all of the LPARs.  There is some
> question whether will want to keep licensing RSCS.

With a few FICON chpids you can do ISFC which lets you do IUCV between
systems. Don't have to go for full CSE, just need a single authoritive
domain for the LPARs. That will let you share data via SFS, do
cross-system messages with CMS Pipelines, and even look at ESAMON data
from the other systems.

If you can't afford the CTC's, current IPGATE version can at least do
the SFS part. This can even do userid mapping if you need.

Rob