On Tuesday, 07/06/2010 at 11:47 EDT, "Hughes, Jim"
<jim.hug...@doit.nh.gov> wrote:
> I am trying to use Alan Altmark?s program QCPACF to see if CPACF is
installed
> on our z890.
>
> I get a program check using the STFLE instructions.

The STFLE instruction was added as part of the
Store-Facility-List-Extended facility.  That facility is present only when
the results of the Store Facility List (STFL) instruction indicates its
presence (bit 7).  And that bit is only on with z9 and later.

You can change the program to use STFL and to move the buffer to location
200.  (Also don't need to load buffer length into R0.)

 QCPACF   CSECT
          USING *,R12
          LR    R12,R15
          LR    R10,R14
          XC    STFLEBUF(4),STFLEBUF
          STFL  0(0)
          TM    STFLEBUF+2,X'40'  MSA?
          BZ    NOMSA
          APPLMSG TEXT='CPACF is installed'
          SLR   R15,R15
          BR    R10
 NOMSA    DS    0H
          APPLMSG TEXT='CPACF is not installed'
          LHI   R15,1
          BR    R10
 STFLEBUF EQU   200
          REGEQU
          END   QCPACF

When you GENMOD it, you will need to use the SYSTEM option.