That may have been the original intent; however, customers always find ways to
use features that may not have been considered by the designer. If we didn't,
VM would have been a conversion tool with a 2 year life span.

If a device is sensed and there is a device present, a VMDBK is built for it
regardless of its online/offline status. There may be other blocks created for
it as well. Making the device Not_Accepted prevents the sensing of the device
and the building of the blocks. It is possible to dynamically add the device
later using the DEFINE and SET commands, just as you would a device dynamically
added to the LPAR.

Regards,
Richard Schuh