Hi Alexander,
that VSWITCH entry is actually related to SNMP. See the z/VM TCP/IP
Planning and Customization book, section on the HOME statement in
the chapter 'Configuring the TCP/IP Server':

VSWITCH switchnm
    The link is providing management services for the given virtual
switch. For more information, see Configuring an SNMP Subagent for a
Virtual Switch in z/VM: Connectivity.

Ciao,
Stefan

On 08/11/2010 10:55 AM, Riedel, Alexander wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I have defined my TCPIP over an Layer2 VSWITCH and it is working,
> but the netstat home  command doesnt show the connected VSWITCH.
>
> netstat home
> VM TCP/IP Netstat Level 610       TCP/IP Server Name: TCPIP
>
> IPv4 Home address entries:
>
> Address         Subnet Mask      Link              VSWITCH
> -------         -----------      ------            -------
> 172.16.145.68   <none>           LVIPA68           <none>
> 10.1.97.196     <none>           L09COW81          <none>
>

> Why is this not displayed correctly ?
>
> The display of my vswitch
>
> q vswitch vsw0 det
> VSWITCH SYSTEM VSW0     Type: VSWITCH Connected: 1    Maxconn: INFINITE
>   PERSISTENT  RESTRICTED    ETHERNET                  Accounting: OFF
>   VLAN Unaware
>   MAC address: 02-00-04-00-00-01
>   State: Ready
>   IPTimeout: 5         QueueStorage: 8
>   Isolation Status: OFF
>   RDEV: 0100.P00 VDEV: 0100 Controller: DTCVSW2
>     VSWITCH Connection:
>       RX Packets: 4172       Discarded: 0          Errors: 0
>       TX Packets: 5158       Discarded: 0          Errors: 0
>       RX Bytes: 294432               TX Bytes: 2289862
>       Device: 0100  Unit: 000   Role: DATA       vPort: 0001  Index: 0001
>         Unicast IP Addresses:
>           10.1.97.193          MAC: 00-07-EC-76-A4-00 Remote
>   Adapter Connections:
>     Adapter Owner: TCPIP    NIC: 0220.P00 Name: UNASSIGNED
>       RX Packets: 44748      Discarded: 0          Errors: 0
>       TX Packets: 17544      Discarded: 5          Errors: 0
>       RX Bytes: 16525439             TX Bytes: 7150427
>       Device: 0220  Unit: 000   Role: DATA       vPort: 0065  Index: 0065
>         Unicast MAC Addresses:
>           02-00-04-00-00-05
>         Multicast MAC Addresses:
>           01-00-5E-00-00-01
>           33-33-00-00-00-01
>           33-33-FF-00-00-05
>
> But the ifconfig - command shows the correct
> output
>
> ifconfig
> L09COW81 inet addr: 10.1.97.196 mask: 255.255.255.240
>          UP MTU: 8992
>          vdev: 0220 type: QDIO ETHERNET portname: UNASSIGNED
>          transport type: ETHERNET MAC address: 02-00-04-00-00-05
>          ipv6: ENABLED
>          VSWITCH name: VSW0
>          cpu: 0 forwarding: ENABLED ipv4 path MTU discovery: DISABLED
>          RX bytes: 17959521 TX bytes: 7719150
>          IPv6 Addresses:
>            FE80:0:0:0:0:4FF:FE00:5
> Mit freundlichen Grüßen/ Kind regards,
> Alexander Riedel
> Systeme Mainframe
> Finanz Informatik Technologie Service
> Witschelstraße 81
> 90431 Nürnberg
>
> Tel: +49 89 94511-9244
> *www.f-i-ts.de* <http://www.f-i-ts.de>

Vorsitzender des Aufsichtsrats: Martin Jetter
Geschäftsführer: Dirk Wittkopp
Sitz der Gesellschaft: Böblingen