From: The IBM z/VM Operating System [mailto:ib...@listserv.uark.edu] On Behalf
Of David Yeager
Sent: Wednesday, August 25, 2010 7:36 PM
To: IBMVM@LISTSERV.UARK.EDU
Subject: Z/VM EMC Dasd Dynamic PAV's shared IODF

We have one CEC.  We have four z/os lpars in a single sysplex and 2 Z/VM lpars
and one IODF.  A few years ago we went to mod9's and mod27's with dynamic
paving on the Z/OS  controlled by WLM.  For the VM dasd we uniquely clip as
LXnnnn,  and can see it from the Z/OS side.   Up until now we've mostly had
MOD3's on the Z/VM-Z/LINUX side.   Now we have a few MOD9's.  Since WLM
supposedly controls getting/giving PAV's on Z/OS via the sysplex, how does Z/VM
play in this game ?.   I see it knows about the PAV's , but how does it avoid
getting them stolen ?.