On Tuesday, 08/31/2010 at 09:00 EDT, George Henke/NYLIC
<george_he...@newyorklife.com> wrote:
> In SHOPZ, for Electronic Delivery, is it necessary to order DDR  to get
a DVD
> image for upload (ftping) to VM?
>
> I installed 5.4 last October from an Electronic Delivery using Chapters
6 and 7
> of the IBM Guide For Automated Installation and Service by ftping a DVD
image
> up to VM.  It  went very smoothly.
>
> I am now installing 6.1 and trying to do the same thing again.
>
> But for Electronic Delivery, SHOPZ requires ordering  DDR , not DVD.
 When we
> ftped it down to a laptop and unzipped it, we found a DVD image as well
as
> other files.
>
> Am I doing something wrong or is this how it is supposed to work?

You order the "DVD" version of the product, not the DDR, and select a tape
format (which is ignored, but required).  Why do you say that Shopz
requires the DDR?  I just set up a Shopz order (short of actually shipping
it), and it didn't whine about needing the DDR.

If you navigate to "How to buy" on the z/VM Home Page, you find a couple
of "Ordering tips" links.