To: <IBMVM@LISTSERV.UARK.EDU>
Sent: Wednesday, September 15, 2010 6:14 PM
Subject: CP unresponsive on certain guests

We're starting to run apps on the servers now.  From time to time a
guest will become unresponsive - to be more precise, ,the CP will not
respond to commands, and neither will the guest OS (SLES11).   not
even #CP LOGOFF is acknowledged.   from another login, CP INDIIC LOAD
shows no appreciable load.

Two questions from this:

1) how would I force a logoff of a user from another user? Is this possible?
2) if we are not paging and the IFLs are not loaded (2-3% utilization
as a matter of fact) what could the bottleneck be?