Thanks Alan for the useful information,

I did mention "through some authorized method".

Without an ESM, I believe that the password is stored clear-text in the source
VM directory.

For the password, I am more thinking about generating a new one each time

and pushing it to the security function: ESM, DIRMAINT or whatever.

That password can be the password of a userid simply used for LOGONBY.

I have no intention of tampering with the SVM passwords.

Besides the autofill of userid and password, as far as I know, most of us

will start multiple 3270 emulator sessions and work in parallel as much as

our brain can multitask.

This is not very much different of what one would get by using a SNA
multi-session

product like supersession.

If I remember, Computer Associates used to have a product called V-Term

doing something similar.

On PC, there are many automated logon tools that need to store the password

locally to automate the logon. I want to avoid having to store the password

outside VM. That should be more secure not less.

Regards,

Michel Beaulieu

|*|