George Henke wrote:

> You mention this is what you do when you do major maintenance.

> Do you have a different, perhaps *shortcut* procedure, when you are just
putting on  COR PTF to fix a specific problem?

We should do the same every time but, if it is a minor maintenance which
we consider low risk we might get a bit cavalier by missing out the backup
of the build system.

If you want to go this way then one thing that may help you is that we
have the CMS disks (190, 193, 19E, and 19D) owned not by MAINT but by
$$CMSnn. MAINT links to these so there is no problem with changing users
directory entries. We also generate a CMSnn NSS first so we can let
selected users test out the new CMS in parallel to other users on the
original. Also - it allows us to have 2 concurrent CMS levels when we move
up a version.

Colin Allinson
VM Systems Support
Amadeus Data Processing GmbH