In essence, we will be breaking the connections  with the main system at a time
not previously disclosed to us, and will not be allowed to go back to it or
reference anything on it for the duration of the test. We will have to resync
the dasd after the test has been completed. The main system will stay up and
running so that those who are not part of the test can continue working. Far
from defeating the purpose of the test, which is to demonstrate that we can get
the BRP system up and fully functional in x hours (x has yet to be determined,
but it will be fairly small, without reverting to using the main system to help
in any way.

With the tape backup system, x used to be 24; however, it was trimmed to be
only 12 and we demonstrated that it could not be done in that time frame. The
restore of our (VSSI) VTAPE library, which is not tiny, did not complete during
the window. It had been running for almost 8 hours and was only about half done
when the window closed.

We just got confirmation that the current configuration at the DR site has not
been kept up to date. :-( That is a problem we do not expect to have if we are
replicating the dasd.

Regards,
Richard Schuh