Hi Listers,

We have two VM's on one z10. Both VM's have identical configurations.

- vswitch1, connected to port0 on OSA EB (primary) and EC (backup)
- vswitch2, connected to port1 on OSA EB (primary) and EC (backup)
- vswitch3, connected to port1 on OSA EB (backup) and EB (primary)

Some months ago we noticed that almost no traffic was running on vswitch1
.
Several database connections timed out and sshterminals had very poor res
ponse.

As it turned out a large load on vswitch2 (backup of a 20G file) prevente
OSA port0 to run it's normal load. It looks like that port1 has priority
over port0.

When connecting to the second LPAR, there is no problem. So it looks like
problem with running load in one LPAR (VM) on the two ports on the one OS
at the same time.

At this moment we have moved vswitch2 and vswitch3 to OSA EC and vswitch1
 is
still connected to EB. But in the current setup we don't have the regular

failover we used to have.

What can we do, other than buy some additional OSA's? (Yes, there is a PM
for both IBM software and IBM hardware but that's taking quite some time
now.)

TIA, Berry.