Mike, thanks for the assistance.

In going through your instructions, I see that in my initial attempts at
this I *DID* attempt to set things up using an SSL Pool. Here's what the
output from the command you had me run says:

Directory = VMSYS:TCPMAINT.SSLPOOL_SSL
Grantee  R  W  NR NW
TCPMAINT X  X  X  X
GSKADMIN X  X  X  X
MAINT    X  X  X  X
SSLSERV  X  X  X  X
SSL00001 X  X  X  X
SSL00002 X  X  X  X
SSL00003 X  X  X  X
SSL00004 X  X  X  X
SSL00005 X  X  X  X

I know the SSL* entries are from a previous attempt.

In my own troubleshooting, I found that I can't get SSLDCSSM to start
properly if I try logging on. It tries to process TCPRUN, but fails with
the following:

DTCRUN1005E Required tag :DCSS_Parms. was not found in file(s): SYSTEM
DTCPARMS D1, IBM DTCPARMS E1
DTCRUN1099E Server not started - correct problem and retry
DTCRUN1019I Server will not be logged off because you are connected

I know for a fact that there's a :DCSS_Parms. entry in the DTCPARMS
file.

:nick.SSLDCSSM :type.server
               :class.ssl_dcss_agent
               :stack.TCPIP
               :for.SSLSERV
               :DCSS_Parms.<DEFAULT>

I'm assuming that SSLDCSSM is getting started by TCPIP at some point and
perhaps this is the missing piece.

Dave