Hello,

I'm a z/OS person and have some diffuculties to uderstand how to use VTS

tapes in z/VM environment, hopefully get some help from this forum.

How to mount the second DDR dump-tape under VM?

Want to DUMP my SYSRES to tape:

1. MAINT: DFSMSRM MOUNT CAT SCRATCH0

DGTUIR2026I DFSMS request 84 accepted for
processing

Ready; T=0.01/0.01
10:24:22

TAPE 0D3F ATTACHED TO MAINT
0D3F

 10:24:24  * MSG FROM RMSMASTR:    FSMBCR2120I Request 84 complete; volum
V900
 02, category SCRATCH0, mounted on device 0D3F in library
IBMVTS1
 10:24:24  * MSG FROM RMSMASTR:    FSMBEC2125I Request 84: device 0D3F

attached
  to MAINT as 0D3F; access mode =
READWRITE

2. MAINT DDR
SYS CONS
IN 123 DASD
OUT D3F TAPE
DUMP ALL
YES

3. After writing the first tape full, DDR want's the second one.
How to mount it? The rdev d3f is attached to MAINT, so can't mount from

another machine/user. MAINT is "in DDR session" so can't mount from there

either.

4. The tapesystem is VTS using 3584 library.
Any ideas how to get the following output tapes mounted?
(I tested DDR output parm altape to write two tapes but then third tape w
as
required and there I was again ... )

Thanks
Janne J