tyvm, Chip, for the explanation.  So this century really began in Jan 1,
2001, not 2000.  Interesting.

Certainly glad it was the "C" programmers, not the BAL programmers, that
went wrong.

A good BAL programmer knows that everything is relative "0", not "1".

Chip Davis <c...@aresti.com>
01/03/2011 09:25 PM
Please respond to
The IBM z/VM Operating System <IBMVM@LISTSERV.UARK.EDU>

IBMVM@LISTSERV.UARK.EDU
cc

Subject
Re: How can get the Week day ?

Technically, the first year of each century is cc01, not cc00.

Due to an appalling lack of consistency, the C programmers in the
first decade ("0") of the first century ("0") declared the first year
to be "1".  :-)

-Chip-