From: The IBM z/VM Operating System [mailto:IBMVM@LISTSERV.UARK.EDU] On Behalf
Of Alan Altmark
Sent: Tuesday, February 01, 2011 2:55 PM
To: IBMVM@LISTSERV.UARK.EDU
Subject: Re: z196 lb4ul

On Tuesday, 02/01/2011 at 03:24 EST, "Feller, Paul" <pfel...@aegonusa.com>
wrote:
> You would be using the default which is port 0 (zero).  The port number
really
> only comes into play if you have an OSA Express3 card and are connecting
to the
> second port or what is called the A1 port on the card layout.

Actually, (An) and (Bn) are LEDs.  :-)
The port number (Pn) is a logical number associated with a chpid.
The jack number (Jn) is the physical connector number associated with the
feature (FRU, card).

Look in Appendix B of the  OSA-Express Customer's Guide and Reference.

Alan Altmark

z/VM and Linux on System z Consultant
IBM System Lab Services and Training
ibm.com/systems/services/labservices