From: The IBM z/VM Operating System [mailto:IBMVM@LISTSERV.UARK.EDU] On
Behalf Of August Carideo
Sent: February 16, 2011 11:57
To: IBMVM@LISTSERV.UARK.EDU
Subject: Re: z/VM PSP Buckets

I did a RSU this past  weekend, and applied the PSP service on top of
that
( which was automatically shipped when order RSU ) needed for Z/10 to
Z/196
upgrade ( opted for it on 3592 cart )
all went well, I made sure I had a few dif types of back up's before
started, ie: copied res to spare volume, also dumped to cartridge DDR
etc.
used GC24-6099-05 Guide for Automated Installation and Service ( VM 5.4
)
And there is good advice from list

 z/VM Version 5 Release 4.0, service level 1003 (64-bit)
Generated at 02/13/11 09:36:11 CST
IPL at 02/13/11 09:42:36 CST

Augie

             Billy Bingham

             <billy.bingham839

             @suddenlink.net>
             Sent by: The IBM          IBMVM@LISTSERV.UARK.EDU

             z/VM Operating
cc
             System

             <IBMVM@LISTSERV.U
Subject
             ARK.EDU>                  z/VM PSP Buckets

             02/16/2011 11:44

             AM

             Please respond to

               The IBM z/VM

             Operating System

             <IBMVM@LISTSERV.U

                 ARK.EDU>

All,

Having never applied service of any kind to z/VM, what would be a WAG to
apply say PSP or any hardware buckets.

Thanks,

Billy

it is addressed and may contain confidential and/or privileged material.  Any
review retransmission dissemination or other use of or taking any action in
reliance upon this information by persons or entities other than the intended
recipient or delegate is strictly prohibited.  If you received this in error
please contact the sender and delete the material from any computer.  The
integrity and security of this message cannot be guaranteed on the Internet.
The sender accepts no liability for the content of this e-mail or for the
consequences of any actions taken on the basis of information provided.  The
recipient should check this e-mail and any attachments for the presence of
viruses.  The sender accepts no liability for any damage caused by any virus
transmitted by this e-mail.  This disclaimer is property of the TTC and must
not be altered or circumvented in any manner.