I should clarify and say that to install from 'DVD' - ..   you can have the
DVD mounted under any workstation/server (including the HMC) that is
accessible to z/VM via the network so FTP can be used to do the install and
retrieve the zVM parts.    I myself typically just use a .iso file mounted
under a Linux workstation -- and ftp to that.   I've never actually tried a
minidisk install myself....

Scott Rohling