Tom,
CFCC was announced into zPDT at end of 2010.
See the Redbook: http://www.redbooks.ibm.com/abstracts/sg247859.html?Open

Also, a good starter lecture about Sysplex...

Clovis

From:
Tom Hebert <tom.heb...@gmail.com>
To:
IBMVM@listserv.uark.edu
Date:
10/03/2011 00:52
Re: Sharing files between two z/OS guest machines
Sent by:
The IBM z/VM Operating System <IBMVM@listserv.uark.edu>

Stephan,

zPDT is a z Series emulator running under Linux on 64 bit x86 machines. As
such there is no hardware coupling facility.  It's for development only,
not production capable and distributed primarily to IBM business partners
like us who develop third party software for mainframes.  zPDT is
essentially a VM environment and it does not offer a coupling facility
either.  zPDT is an excellent fit for our purposes, which is development
only, but not very flexible or dynamic.  So we run z/VM 5.4 on it and then
several z/VSE and z/OS machines under VM.

What we tried so far is dedicating a volume to a dummy guest, OBJDUMMY.

Like this: MDISK A80 3390 DEVNO A80 MWV

Then in each guest z/OS machine we put in something like this:
LINK OBJDUMMY A80 A80 MW

Is this safe? What happens if two developers open the same z/OS library
dataset member on this A80 unit?  Will the second one entering be denied
in SPF?  If not what happens if they both store their changes?

We have been unable to find decent behavioral documentation in this
regard.

If the locking does not go down to the member level, we may set up VM's
virtual coupling facility.   It's not recommended for production but we
aren't a production shop.  I wonder if anyone out there has an opinion in
this area.

Thanks,

Tom Hebert