On Tuesday, 04/12/2011 at 01:02 EDT, Florian Bilek
<florian.bi...@gmail.com> wrote:
> 1.) The VMMDISK class is NOT RACLISTED.
> 2.) The profile looks as stated below.
> 3.) I added LINADM to the permission list.
> 4.) Before LINADM was recycled, RACF told:
> ICH408I USER(LINADM  ) GROUP(SYS1    ) NAME(######
> CLONSET4.201 CL(VMMDISK )
> INSUFFICIENT ACCESS AUTHORITY
> FROM CLONSET4.* (G)
> ACCESS INTENT(ALTER  )  ACCESS ALLOWED(READ   )
>
> 5.) After I logged off LINADM and restarted everything was working fine.

Oh.  Generics.  Well.  That's a horse of a different color.  Do you have
SETROPTS GENLIST(VMMDISK) in effect?

Even if you don't, I think a user's access to a resource granted under is
cached as a temporary quasi-discrete profile attached the user's ACEE.
This includes their allowed access level.  If you change permissions on
the generic profile, the cached entry is not changed.  You have two
choices:
1.  Logoff/Logon the user (recreates the ACEE)
2.  SETROPTS GENERIC REFRESH

I haven't verified this via testing.

Alan Altmark

z/VM and Linux on System z Consultant