Steve,

We have several DB2 databases running in Linux under z/VM on a z/10bc utilizing 6 ifls and all on ECKD dasd. No performance issues at all. The databases under linux provides better connectivity options when dealing with 'outside' requests for JDBC or ODBC access (for us at least).

Mike
Inactive hide details for "Gentry, Stephen" <stephen.gen...@lafayettelife.com>"Gentry, Stephen" <stephen.gen...@lafayettelife.com>

    "Gentry, Stephen" <stephen.gen...@lafayettelife.com>

    04/21/2011 12:06 PM

    Please respond to
    The IBM z/VM Operating System <IBMVM@LISTSERV.UARK.EDU>

    IBMVM@LISTSERV.UARK.EDU

cc

Subject

    Re: DB2 running in a Linux enviornment

Yeah, I guess you would have great performance.  8-)
Thanks for the info.
Steve