On Fri, Apr 22, 2011 at 11:24 PM, Schuh, Richard <rsc...@visa.com> wrote:
> Might I ask a dumb question?
>
> If it is in the PROFILE EXEC, why not put it in the directory entry? If it
> is there and is detached, it can be reacquired by the command, "CP LINK *
> 391 391 RR" without having to enter a password. And without ever having to
> know that it is a disk defined in the MAINT entry.

You're correct. I tried to avoid changes to the PROFILE EXEC because I
fear it will be on each of the servers and they may have the 191 R/W
(but we already discussed options to make the guest detach that disk).

One reason you find this kind of things in programs is when the userid
or mini disk address is determined by some programmed logic. Mini disk
passwords are a pain in that situation and don't really provide any
security because the link is issued in the user virtual machine. One
of my peers was very proud of his program that scrambled the password
in the code (so you could not see it when you browse the module). He
was pretty shocked when I did a trace on the DIAG 08 to see the
password... :-)

Rob