Hi,
VMSES have a command to help create and maintain the segments.
See: HELP VMSES VMFSGMAP
Clovis

From:
Kris Buelens <kris.buel...@gmail.com>
To:
IBMVM@listserv.uark.edu
Date:
25/05/2011 01:37
Re: z/VM bug, Linux bug, or operator error?
Sent by:
The IBM z/VM Operating System <IBMVM@listserv.uark.edu>

Saved segments are based on the architected segments found in the z
architecture.  A segment is a whole number of megabytes.
So,
FILE FILENAME FILETYPE BEGPAG         ENDPAG         TYPE CL #USERS
0054 ITMV1A   DCSSG    0000000280000  00000002FFE00   SR  A  00000
uses segments 280 through  2FF (that is; it covers addresses 280000
through 2FFFFF)
and that overlaps the beginning address of
0055 ITMV1B   DCSSG    00000002FFE01  000000037FD00   SR  A  00000
Change the definitions to
FILE FILENAME FILETYPE BEGPAG         ENDPAG         TYPE CL #USERS
0054 ITMV1A   DCSSG    0000000280000  00000002FFFFF   SR  A  00000
0055 ITMV1B   DCSSG    0000000300000  000000037FD00   SR  A  00000
and the segments will no longer overlap.
If you really must work with segments on page boundary and load them
together, you can use segment spaces and segment members:
DEFSEG ITMV1A 280000-2FFE00 SR SPACE ITM
DEFSEG ITMV1B 2FFE01-37FD00 SR SPACE ITM
The segment space named ITM would cover address range 280000-37FFFF.  When
must obey to the z architecture, with segments on megabyte boundaries),
the second member can then also be loaded.  But, the resultant space
covers a range > 2GB, which I think is not supported either.  Segment
spaces were invented when we used to store all (or many) segments below
the 16MB line, very small when installing many program products...
I never used DCSSes above 2GB, maybe extra restrictions apply.