Thanks all, I appreciate all the info.

PS:  Roger, I'm a "hand-coder" too and didn't care much for the HCM app.  :)

-Mike

From: The IBM z/VM Operating System [mailto:IBMVM@LISTSERV.UARK.EDU] On
Behalf Of Hodge, Robert L
Sent: Tuesday, June 07, 2011 12:45 PM
To: IBMVM@LISTSERV.UARK.EDU
Subject: Re: EXTERNAL: Re: Dynamic Activation of New IODF

Mike,
I use XEDIT to maintain the IOCP file. There is a HCM application
distributed with the z/VM HCD, but I find it difficult to use.

I then run the following commands from userid CBDIODS.

CBDSIODF to create a HCD skeleton file.
CBDSMIGR to create a work IODF by loading the IOCP source into the skeleton
file.
CBDSPROD to create a production IODF file, filetype PRODIODF.
CBDSIOCP write the IOCDS.
CBDSACT to active the IOCDS without a POR.

The PRODIODF file needs to be copied to all CP parm disks.

"IODF *" is specified in the SYSTEM CONFIG on the CP parm disk.