From: The IBM z/VM Operating System [mailto:IBMVM@LISTSERV.UARK.EDU] On
Behalf Of Michael Coffin
Sent: Tuesday, June 07, 2011 08:47
To: IBMVM@LISTSERV.UARK.EDU
Subject: Re: [IBMVM] Dynamic Activation of New IODF

z/OS is not on the same box, this particular z/10 only houses VM and TPF
LPARs.

We have CBDIODSP and HCM all set up and configured so the z/OS guys
COULD use the VM-based HCM to build their files.  I'm just still unclear
how CP picks up the changes in the new IOCDS and makes them available
dynamically on a running z/VM system.  Apparently, on z/OS systems they
"activate" a new IODF - but I don't see anything like that on z/VM
except the SET IOCDS_Active command (which I don't believe, based on the
documentation, will alter the running CP - please correct me if I'm
mistaken).  :)

-Mike