David,

I'm not sure if this will be of any help, but here are the CF-related
console messages extracted from our most recent IPL of a z/VM 5.4 system
running in an LPAR on a z10:

---<snip>---
CF1     : HCPMFZ2821I Some SPECIAL MSGP processing was deferred.
21:27:58 AUTO LOGON  ***       CF1      USERS = 15    BY AUTOLOG1
CF1     : HCPMFT2816I Loading message processor CF1 from the processor
controller.
<-21:28:24 timestamp from another message at this point... ->
CF1     : HCPMFT2817I Load completed from the processor controller.
HCPMFT2817I Now starting message processor CF1.
CF1     : Command complete
CF1     : 21:28:26 CF0009I Licensed Internal Code - Property of IBM
CF1     :                     Coupling facility control code
CF1     :                     (C) Copyright IBM Corp
1993,1994,1995,1996,1997,
CF1     :                     1998, 1999, 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004,
2005,
CF1     :                     2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010
CF1     :                     All rights reserved.
CF1     :                     US Government Users Restricted Rights -
CF1     :                     Use, duplication or disclosure restricted
CF1     :                     by GSA ADP Schedule Contract with IBM Corp.

CF1     : 21:28:26 CF0280I CFCC Release 16.00, Service Level 04.01
CF1     :                  Built on 01/24/2011 at 14:44:00
CF1     :                  Code Load Features:
CF1     :                     Facility Operational Level: 16
CF1     : 21:28:26 CF0010I Coupling Facility is active with:
CF1     :                     2 CPs
CF1     :                     2 CF Receiver Channels
CF1     :                     1 CF Sender Channel
CF1     :                     3750 MB of allocatable storage
---<snip>---

Perhaps seeing what *should* occur will give you a clue.  One presumes
that you have looked up the HCP messages you recieved, right?

Questions for you:
1) (Since Alan mentioned it) what sort of LPAR definition is involved?
I.e. is it a VM LPAR?
2) Has your CFCC4 virtual machine ever initialized successfully before?
3) If it did initialize before, was it on the very same CEC?
4) If it did initialize before, (the obvious question) - what changed
(e.g. hardware, LPAR definition, z/VM system upgrade or maintenance)?

Mike Walter
Aon Corporation
The opinions expressed herein are mine alone, not my employer's.

"David Booher" <david.boo...@quest.com>

Sent by: "The IBM z/VM Operating System" <IBMVM@LISTSERV.UARK.EDU>
06/09/2011 09:46 AM
Please respond to
"The IBM z/VM Operating System" <IBMVM@LISTSERV.UARK.EDU>

IBMVM@LISTSERV.UARK.EDU
cc

Subject
Re: Question regarding zVM and CF when running in a LPAR

Hmmm?then I wonder what this is all about.  I?d really like to get this
working:

09:40:56 XAUTOLOG CFCC4
09:40:56 COMMAND ACCEPTED
09:40:56 AUTO LOGON  ***       CFCC4    USERS = 16    BY OPERATOR
CFCC4   : HCPMFT2816I LOADING MESSAGE PROCESSOR CFCC4 FROM THE PROCESSOR
CONTROL
LER.
09:43:32 SEND CFCC4 HELP
CFCC4   : HCPPCX6531E THE OPERATING SYSTEM WILL NOT ACCEPT COMMANDS FROM
THE SER
VICE PROCESSOR.
CFCC4   : HCPMFT2814E THE REQUEST TO LOAD CFCC4 FROM THE PROCESSOR
CONTROLLER DI
D NOT COMPLETE IN THE ALLOTTED TIME.
CFCC4   : HCPMFT260E IPL COMMAND PROCESSING CANNOT COMPLETE DUE TO ERRORS.

Dave Booher
Quest Software