Greetings and Nice work!

I definitely plan on stealing (borrowing) a couple of your routines.

Your process is similar in many respects to what we do here (though your code
is much prettier).

Ours flash-copies the CP volumes with the savelabel parameter to our backup
disk volumes every night and we then DDR the copies off to virtual tape for DR
purposes.

These newly copied volumes are owned by a second level VM userid and are easily
IPL'able as I've set up a special System Config on the third extent (maint CF3)
to point at these copies as my CP volumes.

I've also used &SYSRES in my user directory in a few places so that maint will
get access to his needed volumes no matter what they are named.

Once the system is IPL'd (either second level or first), I run an xedit from
maint to change the remaining cp mdisks in the directory to their new names and
put the directory online.

Once this is done, a quick change to autolog1 to recognize the new system name
and I can bring up the rest of my service machines and users can log on.

That's the gist of it.

The best part is I can bring my DR system up second level whenever I want with
very little effort.

Bob