Hi Ray,
Yes I'm using NPIV and it looks on the z side.

q fcp wwpn 2201
FCP 2201 NPIV WWPN C05076FD1C00021C
CHPID E0 PERM WWPN 5005076401226A45
FREE

set edev c201 type fba attr xiv fcp_dev 2201 wwpn C05076FD1C00021C lun 0002000000000000
EDEV C201 was created.

vary on c201
HCPSZP8701I Path FCP_DEV 2201 WWPN C05076FD1C00021C LUN 0002000000000000 was del
eted from EDEV C201 because it is invalid.
HCPCPN8700I Emulated Device C201 cannot be varied online because
HCPCPN8700I there are no valid paths defined to the device.
1 device(s) specified; 0 device(s) successfully varied online

Yet I can attach the rdev 2201 to a linux guest and do a chccwdev -e 0.0.220, and it comes online and shows up in the cisco switch with the correct npiv?

But.....even then the XIV does not see it and it is in the zone?

I think I'm missing very basic.

I have TS3500 scsi tapes working from this z10 thru the same san just fine, also npiv.

John Hanley

Inactive hide details for Raymond Higgs ---06/23/2011 03:04:00 PM---Raymond Higgs <rayhi...@us.ibm.com>Raymond Higgs ---06/23/2011 03:04:00 PM---Raymond Higgs <rayhi...@us.ibm.com>

    Raymond Higgs <rayhi...@us.ibm.com>

    06/23/2011 03:03 PM

    Please respond to
    The IBM z/VM Operating System <IBMVM@LISTSERV.UARK.EDU>

    IBMVM@LISTSERV.UARK.EDU

cc

Subject

    Re: XIV Questions

John,

Ficon Express 4 will work. Are you using NPIV? The channel will not login NPIV subchannels to the fabric until the EDEV is varied online.

Regards,

Ray Higgs
System z FCP Firmware Development
Bld. 706, B42